GESTURES AND FRAGMENTS
Arcos de Valdevez, 1—6 September 2022
In the presence of Mariana Caló and Francisco Queimadela, Alexandra Cuesta, Paula Gaitán, Boris Lehman and João Vieira Torres, Doc’s Kingdom 2022 gathers gestures and fragments of travels, encounters, people, places, farewells, tracks and trails of revolutions – around the sun or in the folds of history, as it happened in Portugal just over 48 years ago. In the duration of a shot, between gestures and fragments, from the thread to the mesh and from the circle to the spiral, the search for a meaning in time and movement is revealed through shifting configurations and open questions— rather than definitive readings.
Programmed by Amarante Abramovici and Nuno Lisboa, Doc’s Kingdom 2022 presents approximately 15 blind screenings, followed by discussions open to a community of 100 participants, renewed each year in Arcos de Valdevez.
Doc’s Kingdom seminar is a space of encounter conceived as an immersive experience, with three screenings a day (from 10am), a blind program for each screening, open air discussions with and among filmmakers, meals, walks and swimming in the river Vez. The seminar is open to the public, on a first come first served basis, with limited capacity.
Registration guarantees access to the full Doc’s Kingdom 2022 program in Arcos de Valdevez, from 6pm on the 1st September through noon on the 6th. The program includes all the screenings, discussions, meals, walks and other scheduled activities.
For information on the Dear Doc fellowship program, see HERE.
Differently from previous years, the registration at Doc’s Kingdom 2022 does not include accomodation options. Please indicate in your registration form if you would like to be informed about options for hotel reservation in Arcos de Valdevez, benefitting from special offers from our partners, which are limited to the number of available rooms and with specific rules and deadlines for reservation and payment. Each participant will be responsible for their reservation payment, directly with the hotel.
Daily registration: 50€
Registration (190€) guarantees access to the full Doc’s Kingdom 2022 programme in Arcos de Valdevez, from the afternoon on September 1st through the morning of September 6th. The programme includes all the screenings, discussions, meals, walks and other scheduled activities. Daily registration (50€) includes the full program of the respective day.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Please fill in and submit the REGISTRATION FORM;
2. Payment should be made according to the instructions received by email, after registration;
3. Please validate your registration by sending a payment receipt to email@example.com
INFORMATIONS FOR REGISTRATION:
1. Registration guarantees full access to the Doc’s Kingdom 2022 program, conceived and organized as a full, cumulative and immersive experience, including all screenings, discussions, meals, walks and other activities scheduled from 6pm on September 1st through noon on September 6th.
2. Registrations are open until reaching full capacity.
3. Registrations are processed on a first come first served basis, according to the submission record when receiving the registration form, and validated after receiving proof of payment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Cancellation does not guarantee any refund.
5. Doc’s Kingdom does not provide transportation for the participants to and from Arcos de Valdevez.
6. Doc’s Kingdom does not provide transportation within Arcos de Valdevez, save for participants with special mobility needs, declared upon registration.
7. Registration does not include accommodation. In case you need support for hotel reservation, please indicate in your registration form if you would like to be informed about options for hotel reservation in Arcos de Valdevez.
8. All Doc’s Kingdom film screenings at Casa das Artes in Arcos de Valdevez are free and open for the local community, with priority to registered participants, and up to maximum capacity.
9. The Casa das Artes auditorium, where Doc’s Kingdom screenings take place, is accessible to people with special mobility needs.
10. Doc’s Kingdom is a space open to its community of participants – filmmakers, registered participants, fellows, visitors, team and local partners. In this space, debate is seen as a natural and welcome practice, as long as informed by mutual respect and civility. We kindly ask every person who witnesses any inappropriate situation to inform a team member, and/or to write to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.