DEAR DOC Fellowships
Supported by the Gulbenkian Foundation
Applications: please send a letter of motivation and a bio to email@example.com. Deadline: July 29th.
1. The Dear Doc program includes fellowships covering registration at Doc’s Kingdom 2022, with access to the full seminar program in Arcos de Valdevez, including screenings, discussions, meals, walks and other scheduled activities from September 1st through September 6th. It also includes activities programmed before and after the seminar.
2. The Dear Doc fellowship at Doc’s Kingdom 2022 includes accommodation in Arcos de Valdevez from August 31st to September 6th.
3. Applications to the Dear Doc Fellowship are open to artists, filmmakers, authors and cinephiles of any nationality, living and working in Portugal.
4. Application to the Dear Doc Fellowship does not guarantee a registration spot for Doc’s Kingdom 2022.
5. The Dear Doc Fellowship program includes specific activities before, during and after the seminar, as well as collaborative tasks within the organization of the event, not exceeding 2 hours a day per resident, between September 1st and September 6th.
6. Activities planned for the period preceding the seminar: a) online meetings with Doc’s Kingdom featured filmmakers, in August; b) Dear Doc meeting in Arcos de Valdevez (August 31st).
7. Activities during the seminar: a) The Permanent Community – presentations by Dear Doc residents (6pm, September 1st); b) participation in all the seminar activities; c) collaboration in the overall organization tasks for the seminar program: moderation and annotation of discussions, support to image and sound capture, venue support, support at the screening booth. Every task and activity is limited to the context of the program, not exceeding 2h a day per resident.
8. Acceptance of the Dear Doc fellowship implies participation in the full seminar program in Arcos de Valdevez.
9. Acceptance of the Dear Doc fellowship implies a mandatory individual report to be delivered by September 30th.
10. The Dear Doc program includes a series of encounters and collaborative activities after the seminar, from October 1st: transcription of discussions, translations, writing and other editorial contributions for the Doc’s Kingdom website and online archive.
11. Doc’s Kingdom is not accountable for any issues occurring during the fellows’ stay, which do not fall in the remit of the program or the accommodation provided by the seminar.
12. Doc’s Kingdom does not provide fellows’ transportation to and from Arcos de Valdevez.
13. Doc’s Kingdom does not provide transportation within Arcos de Valdevez, unless for participants with special mobility needs, declared upon registration.
14. Applications are open until July 29th and the selection is made by the Doc’s Kingdom direction. Results will be announced until August 5th, with no possibility of appeal.
15. The Dear Doc fellowship is validated upon confirmation by the selected candidate of their commitment to full attendance of the fellowship programme in Arcos de Valdevez.
16. Doc’s Kingdom is a space open to its community of participants – filmmakers, registered participants, fellows, visitors, team and local partners. In this space, debate is seen as a natural and welcome practice, as long as informed by mutual respect and civility. We kindly ask every person who witnesses any inappropriate situation to inform a team member, and/or to write to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.